Friday, 9 October 2009

I married a criminal idiot

You know how people who take their young kids in their cars on their laps without buckling them into an age and size appropriate car seat are criminally negligent imbeciles?

Well, it turns out I married one.

I do all bar one of the drop offs and pickups for Beanie at daycare. My in-laws do the other one (and we bought them a second car seat for their car).

H (can't bring myself to call that fucking idiot DH) had to do it once yesterday evening, with plenty of advanced notice. We only have one car and I need that to go to work. Far in advance he said it wasn't a problem, he could take Beanie home on the train. Being a man, he needed to take HALF A DAY OFF to organise this.

Instead he arranged to go to a house viewing. He had the foresight to ask if the agent could pick him up. He had the foresight to ask if she had a car seat.

And what you and I would then have done is say, oh well, sorry, the timing doesn't work for me as I'll have my 18 month old son with me and he can't travel without a car seat.

Instead the agent said I can still take you, I'll drive slowly and he can sit on your lap. And H said: OK.

So Beanie made TWO car journeys under the "care" of his father sitting on his lap in a moving car.

What a fucking idiot, I am so angry. I feel like reporting him to the police.

6 comments:

JMB said...

Wow. Men really don't have much of a clue, do they? I completely understand your rage-Husband has pulled some stupid stunts too, and I never can understand what he was thinking.

Don't kill him...yet.

Catherine said...

I'll drive slow?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! I think these are the kinds of things for which the term "justifiable homicide" was coined.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christ. That's pretty bad. I am impressed that you didn't kill him.

Sara said...

Woah. No question here who's in the right. Jeezuz. Well at least Beanie's alright, thank the universe.

Coggy said...

I would have seriously hit the roof. There isn't really any excuses for that. None.
I hope you are doing OK. So chuffed to hear you're pregnant again. I know it's a long road but it's such good news.

kate said...

*&^@#&^%@&*^!#^**&%$!!!!!!!

(mine did something even worse once, by the way. I will email it to you.)