Beanie has turned two and it's like he read some sort of text book on the terrible twos. He's become disobedient and is throwing toys and food and refusing to eat his dinner. (It's fine to refuse to eat dinner but not to manifest it by squishing your hands in it and throwing it on the floor....) Before, when we told him off and told him to pick up his toys, he would look contrite and do it. Now he just laughs at me!
Today I really yelled at him and banged my hand on the kitchen table as I did it. Oh dear. Not good for him or me. I know all the theory, that he is testing his limits (and mine) and also that he is perturbed by the fact that there is a baby coming who is always with Mummy (since it's in her tummy), even when he comes to snuggle, the baby's constantly there (and he says: "no baby")and that when I can I rest such as over the Easter bank holiday, I do, and thus spend less time with him if DH is around.
I need to make sure I remember all that when he misbehaves..... and control my own stress levels. And remember how lucky I am to have him at all, which I generally do remember. But losing children doesn't automatically make you into some sort of super mummy.
I had another checkup today at the foetal medicine specialist. Blood flow through the heart and cord were normal and Coccinelle is measuring 50th percentile at 2.1 kgs. On the other hand they calculated Beanie's weight as quite a bit more than the supposed error margin in those calculations. But okay.
I thought about asking if she had a nuchal cord today but I didn't. I am only 34 weeks. What would I do in case of a positive answer? I may ask next week though.
6 years ago




1 comments:
I've had days when I want to toss both of my kids out the window. Or maybe sell them on the corner. ;-)
Even after loss, sometimes our kids just take us straight to crazy town.
Glad all is well.
Post a Comment