Friday, 28 May 2010

Life continues

Coccinelle is a month old now and has put on more than a kilo since we left hospital. She is doing well. Beanie was sick the week we came out of hospital with a fever of almost 40 deg C and I was more than a little paranoid that Coccinelle would catch it too. So I was telling Beanie not to touch Coccinelle which didn't help his psychological adjustment to his little sister.

However ,he is coming round slowly now. Very clingy to Mummy and a refusal of vegetables. But these are good problems for DBMs anyway.

On the marriage side things are going very badly. I feel so angry all the time towards my husband. We have had some very bad arguments which show no sign of abating. Yes, yes, I know that lack of sleep doesn't help matters (although Coccinelle sleeps way better than Beanie did at the same age). Part of the anger is the lack of moral support I had throughout the pregnancy. The day before the birth I wasn't even sure I wanted him to be there. We seem to have no connection or spark left at all. Frankly if it weren't for the children, I don't think I would still be here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the kids are doing well. So sorry to hear about you and your dh. I know what you mean. There are days when I wonder if I'd still be here if it weren't for the kids. :-(

janis said...

((hugs)) I hope you move beyond the rough patch soon.

Sara said...

I'm sorry to hear about you and your DH as well. That's so tough, what with everything else going on.

Glad to hear about Beanie and Coccinelle.

msfitzita said...

Oh N, I'm so sorry to hear things are hard right now. You've both been through so much, and so it's sometimes very hard to find that calm, loving, peaceful place that you used to know together. It's often hard to remember who you were (as a couple) before loss.

I will quietly hope, from way across the pond, that things get better. Lots and lots of ((((((HUGS))))))

kate said...

((((((hugs))))))

I am sorry for the problems with DH. Would he go with you to counseling? I ask because mine won't at all. I hope you will get through this soon.